Teachers who adopt this high school textbook can choose from a wide range of teaching resources to help them conduct the course and enhance student learning (listed below). To inquire about special pricing available for textbook adoptions and custom options for ancillaries, contact your Human Kinetics K-12 sales representative in the U.S., John Klein, at 1-800-747-4457, ext. 2361.
This physical education text makes it easy to teach relevant information that will have a lasting impact on students' health--even if you've never taught a fitness class before.
With Fitness for Life updated fourth edition, you can motivate students to
- learn lifelong fitness concepts,
- do self-directed fitness activities,
- create individualized fitness programs,
- set their own goals, and
- assess their own progress.
The program includes a wealth of teaching aids:
- a complete Fitness for Life Teacher's Edition
- Fitness for Life Teacher's Resources (blackline masters for every chapter)
- Full-color overhead transparencies
- 70 fitness activity cards with photos and instructions for use at stations
- Two audio CDs featuring music for workouts, stations, and fitness tests
- A CD-ROM featuring PowerPoint® presentations that highlight key points from every lesson
- A Spanish handbook featuring key concepts and vocabulary words
- Two five-video sets covering fitness and wellness topics based on corresponding lessons in the student text
Fitness for Life is a text for middle and high school fitness classes that enables even teachers with no previous experience teaching the topic to effectively present quality information about health-related fitness and lifelong physical activity:
- The authors speak to teens on their own level, in a way they can understand, to teach them about fitness concepts and the benefits of lifetime physical activity.
- They include fitness activities in every chapter to illustrate key points in the lessons, offer fitness-building physical activity during class time, and provide options for developing personalized physical activity programs.
- They provide self-assessment tools so teens can determine their personal fitness level.
- They help students set individualized goals for fitness and physical activity.
- They incorporate throughout the text opportunities for all students to build confidence in their abilities and experience success.
- They use self-directed activities that help students develop self-management skills to create their own personal fitness programs and stay active throughout their lives
Through 18 chapters featuring 36 lessons and 54 fitness activities, the Fitness for Life text helps all students become informed, independent decision makers who will make healthy lifestyle choices a lifelong habit. They also achieve immediate personal fitness and activity goals while they're taking the course.
The fitness activities and physical activity program guidelines in Fitness for Life are a perfect complement to the widely used FITNESSGRAM test standards, and they help students meet the Surgeon General's Healthy People 2010 objectives.
Key features of the student text
Here are just a few of the features that make Fitness for Life an effective teaching tool and a motivating, life-enhancing information source for students:
- Balance of concept instruction and physical activity
- Built-in aids for reading comprehension
- Functional graphics that convey concepts visually
- Real-life examples of active teens
- Wide variety of self-assessments and activities that allow students to learn by doing and experience success
- Focus on confidence building and personal achievement for all students, including those with disabilities
- Availability of a Spanish handbook
This highly popular textbook is now available from Human Kinetics, a publisher with a permanent commitment to serving the physical activity, fitness, and health fields.